David Lemieux Father of Quebec boxer dead and obituary

Share and Enjoy !


David Lemieux Father of Quebec boxer dead and obituary

Montreal police believe the same gunman was behind two separate but related shootings Tuesday night that left two men dead more than an hour apart.

Police are “99 percent sure” the same suspect was responsible for the killings in Saint Laurent and Ahuntsic-Cartierville counties, Chief Inspector Marie-Claude Dandenault of the Montreal Police Service (SPVM) told CTV News Wednesday.

She added that there was no apparent link between the victims, and investigators did not rule out the possibility that the continuous shooting was accidental. CTV News confirmed that one of the two men killed in the shooting was André Lemieux, the father of professional boxer David Lemieux. He is 64 years old.

“R.I.P. Dad,” Lemieux wrote in a Wednesday morning Facebook post. Andrean Lambert, a spokeswoman for the boxer’s management company Tiger Eyes, said the tragic murder was “recent” and the family would not make any public statements.

“[David] just wanted to keep his family close,” Lambert said.

The second victim was identified as Mohamed Salah Belhaj, 48, an intervention worker at the Albert Prévost Hospital for Psychiatric Health on Gouin West Boulevard. Emilie Jacob, a spokeswoman for the CIUSSS du Nord-de-l’Île-de-Montréal health department, wrote: “We are disturbed to learn of the tragic passing of Mr. Mohamed Salah Belhaj.”

“Our deepest condolences to his family. Support is also being offered to his colleagues through this ordeal.”

Meanwhile, investigators with the Montreal Police Service, awaiting the results of ballistic tests, are investigating Tuesday night’s fatal shooting, the latest in a string of violent gun crimes on the island.

Montreal police are investigating the Ahuntsic-Cartierville shooting. (Cosmos Santa Maria/CTV News). Montreal police say officers work around the clock — some even on their days off — to help solve crimes and determine motives, Dandenot said.

“Right now we’re doing what we can,” she said. “We have investigators flooding the area and leaving no stone unturned. We want to get to the bottom of it.”

No arrests were made.

Share and Enjoy !


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.