Dylan Butler, Perry, Iowa: Perry, Iowa, High School Shooter Left Final, Ominous TikTok Post, Reports Say, 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
Dylan Butler has been identified by the Daily Mail as the individual involved in a tragic incident at Perry High School in Iowa on January 4.
The Daily Mail disclosed Butler’s name, citing information from WHO13, a local station. Although WHO13’s web stories did not include the name, Facebook comments suggested that the name and a TikTok photo were featured on air. The Dallas County sheriff mentioned in a news conference that they are aware of the shooter’s identity but have not publicly released it.
Prior to the incident, a TikTok user with the handle @tooktoomuch posted a selfie with the caption “now we wait,” set to a song called “stray bullet.” Daily Mail reported that WHO13 identified this TikTok photo as belonging to Butler.
Community members shared their thoughts on the TikTok thread, expressing relief that their loved ones were not harmed and conveying shock at the situation. The TikTok page was taken down while being reviewed by Heavy. The page contained various videos, some of which are circulating on X.
Heavy is working to verify a Reddit page associated with the gunman. A Facebook page with the same name, which referenced the song “stray bullet,” has been deleted. Some social media posts mistakenly identified the suspect as Colby Butler, initially reported by Daily Mail.
Here’s a summary of the key points:
1. The individual identified as Dylan Butler, according to Daily Mail, reportedly shot Perry High School Principal Dan Marburger.
2. Marburger, a high school principal, is among the victims, with conflicting reports about his condition. Patients are being treated at two different hospitals.
3. The suspect, reported to be a senior at the school, left multiple victims, according to Daily Mail. The Dallas County Sheriff did not specify the number of victims in a news conference.
4. Governor Kim Reynolds expressed condolences, and CBS News reported that the shooter was a student.
5. A teenager witnessed the principal being shot, suffering minor physical wounds. Early reports mentioned a female student with gunshot wounds to the head, but this has not been formally confirmed.
6. The gunman was found down in the hallway with a possible self-inflicted gunshot wound. The Associated Press reported that the gunman died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound as students returned from winter break for their first day of classes.